Friday, July 8, 2011

The Tear Down

Got the majority of the parts off today. The rear fender weighed much more than I thought it would, but that was a good thing, bc it will drop the overall weight of the bike.

Windshield is gone, tassels are gone, I found a weird bell hanging on the bike, sissy bars gone, passenger pegs gone. During the tear down I did learn quit a lot about the bike and it helped me shape my final design concept. I am keeping the front turn signals, but I am changing the lenses from amber to clear.

The front fender was the biggest pain in the ass I have had to deal with thus far, it required 3 trips to autozone to get the right tool just to get it off. The 4 bolts that hold it on were all 12mm but my socket set required me to use an adapter and my 12mm socket making the whole tool too wide. So I went to autozone to get a 12mm socket head that would fit on a 3/8th drive. Did that and STILL too wide, at this point i was halfway through the head light dis assembly so I sent Keeley to get me a wrench but the ass hole as autozone upsold her am angle socket so I had to go there for a third trip to return everything and get the god dam 12mm wrench. After that  it came off with little difficulty.

Pics of the teardown coming  in the next post

No comments:

Post a Comment